Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Assorted Photos 1

Assorted Photos - #1
Yanni
My adorable pet possum.. :)
One night over a year ago I was going driving down my road,
and I seen something in the road...
I pulled closer, and it was a possum sitting in a puddle of blood.
He looked at me, we made eye contact..
I didn't know what to do, would he bite?
I took off my coat, and put it over him to pick him up..
Took him back to my car, turned around to head home.
He got startled and tried to jump out the window...
I grabbed him, he opened his mouth wide to show me his many teeth...
I held on, pulled over and managed to get him back in the car.
When I got him home I didn't think he'd make it.
His neck and mouth were sliced open, he just kept bleeding.
I made him comfortable, thinking atleast he'd pass away loved..
He slowly regained his strength, his wounds healed...
Today he is one of my favorite pets.
I will be sharing more photos and stories in the future.. :)

Geneva
A couple weeks or so ago someone dropped her off here.
She was so friendly, so sweet from the moment I picked her up.
She was very sick, but it slowly getting better.....


Ginger
Ging was found the same day as Geneva,
just about a 1/4 mile or so down the road.
I am thinking they are sisters,
but will never know for sure...
I found Ginger on my way to class...
I ended up late for class.... But... She's worth it. :)
She was slowly staggering down the center of the road
with her head down, meowing...
I picked her up to bring her home,
as I went to turn the car around I seen where
another kitten had been dropped off,
he/she didn't have such luck at Ginger...
someone had ran him/her over... :*(
Ging was very sick, she is also recovering well...
Sweet cats, both of them...



Jewell
Isn't she pretty?
I love her eyes..


Duke
This dog is one of the best dogs i've ever known...
Seriously..
He is so gentle, and so sweet...
He does have his faults, though..
Since he was a young puppy he has been afraid of people.
Not all people..
But a lot of people - even some people he's known since he was a pup.
I don't understand it..
But, over all... He is a great dog.
Complicated dog, But I love him.. :)





My pond, Summer '06..
I still have some work set out for me,
but it's turning out fairly well so far..
*Can't wait for Spring!*
I planted a nearly dead, twig of a Eucalyptus plant,
which I bought for 25 Cents,
next to the pond this past Summer...
And it's doing great!
I'll post a pic of it sometime soon.


This was taken in my front yard.
I desperately need to re-do the driveway!


Furby... Doesn't he look sneaky?! *lol*


Halloween 2006
I was SO sick...
It sucked..
But, we kinda had fun anwyway..
Me.. Glenda.. Alissa..

This was taken across from Crabapple Orchard Museum,
Near Tazewell Virginia.. Early Spring 2006


My uncle Robert W. Pelton,
at a book signing, Spring '06.


I was 3 or so... Maybe 4? No, I think I wa 3..
Oh well... Anyway... *lol*

Nathan and I - Spring 2006

1996
I was 16

Taken June '06

The smokies
June '06

Our campsite...
Camping w/friends near Gatlinburg TN
June 2006
My spoiled rotten BABY! *ha*
Tyger

Pouty baby....
Me - 1980

Cedar Bluff, Virginia - Route 460
Taken from Cedar Bluff Overlook park
Summer 2006
Claytor Lake
Memorial Day 2006
My Cavalier...
I wanted this car when I seen it at the car lot..
Then someone bought it..
While out car shopping months later, it was back...
Now it's mine....... :) *ha*
I dunno why I like it so much,
I usually go for the more sporty cars...
Transams, Eclipses, Tiburons...
Oh well. I have a sports car,
just need to fix it up and get it back on the road again.
My aunt Shelby, and my Mom
2005

Ruth Collister & Daniel Pelton
My Grandma and Grandpa Pelton,
before they were married...
I never got to meet either of them..
They had passed before I was born..
(A special thanks to my uncle Robert
for this photo, and others he has shared
with me.. Lotsa love..)

Peggy (Gillespie) & Gary Pelton
My Mom and Dad..
Photo taken in the 1960's.
The Tetons
Wyoming
....Many, many more photos, coming soon!



























No comments: